- ÍtemPractica de desarrollo de software – Logistic Negotium S.A.S(Universidad Cooperativa de Colombia, Facultad de Ingenierías, Ingeniería de Software, Medellín y Envigado, 2023-08-18) Renteria Valencia, Juan David; Acevedo, Eder
- ÍtemFacial thermal and blood perfusion patterns of human emotions: Proof-of-Concept(Universidad Cooperativa de Colombia, 2023-01-10) Aristizabal Tique, Victor Hugo; Henao Pérez, Marcela; López Medina, Diana Carolina; Zambrano Cruzc , Renato; Díaz Londoño, Gloria; Journal of Thermal BiologyThe objective of the work was to realize a preliminary study of proof-of-concept to evaluate emotions using thermographic images and blood perfusion algorithm; the images were obtained for baseline and positive and negative valence according to the protocol of the Geneva Affective Picture Database. The blood perfusion algorithm is based on the heat transport equation. The average temperature and blood perfusion in forehead, periorbital eyes, cheeks, nose and upper lips were determined. Absolute and percentage differences between the valences and the baseline were calculated. For negative valence, a decrease in temperature and blood perfusion was observed in the ROIs, and the effect was greater on the left side than on the right side. In positive valence, the temperature and blood perfusion increased in some cases, showing a complex pattern. The temperature and perfusion of the nose was reduced for both valences, which is indicative of the arousal dimension. The blood perfusion images were found to be greater contrast; the percentage differences in the blood perfusion images are greater than those obtained in thermographic images. Moreover, the blood perfusion images, and vasomotor answer are consistent, therefore, they can be a better biomarker than thermographic analysis in identifying emotions.
- ÍtemInformation Technology Governance in Colombian Small and Medium Companies: An Exploratory Study Using Data Analysis(Universidad Cooperativa de Colombia, Facultad de Ingenierías, Ingeniería de Software, Medellín y Envigado, 2023-05-10) Trujillo-Lambert, Yeni Paola; Osorio-Sanabria, Mariutsi; Maestre-Gongora, Gina Paola; Astudillo , HernanInformation Technology (IT) is a resource for achieving strategic business objectives. However, many Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SME’s) do not consider IT a strategic area. This article explores the perception of IT governance in Colombia among IT professionals. It presents the design, data analysis, and results of a survey based on the Governance of Enterprise IT framework. The survey was conducted in 2019 and 2020, obtaining responses from 151 IT professionals that worked in 48 SME's and 90 from large companies. Data were analyzed with WEKA and KNIME, applying classification, segmentation, and association techniques. Results indicate that: (1) SME’s associate IT investment with the generation and improvement of products and services; (2) employees’and users’ performance is higher when they work in companies with managers that have a high commitment to IT governance; and (3) 95% of companies with high implementation levels of IT governance consider IT very important in their strategies
- ÍtemAlgorithm for predicting the most frequent causes of mortality by analyzing age and gender variables.(Universidad Cooperativa de Colombia, Facultad de Ingenierías, Ingeniería de Sistemas, Bogotá, 2022) Cortés Méndez, Jairo Augusto; Abuchar Porras, Alexandra; Blanco Garrido , Fabian; Páez Páez, Jaime Alberto; Palacios Rozo, Jairo; Simanca Herrera, Fredys AlbertoHigh density of populations in cities, complexity of risk factors that influence health and the impact of inequalities in sanitary outcomes, call for the adoption of decisive measures to improve health, and thus avoid injuries that trigger pathological events directly leading to the death of people. The above applies to Colombia and especially to Bogota D.C.; after the massive health crisis due to the pandemic. Consequently, it was proposed to implement a Prediction Algorithm based on a database directly taken from Salud Data and Salud Capital, which registered 31,720 deaths in Bogota in 2016, representing a rate of 397.5 deaths per 100,000 inhabitants, leading the list of the top ten causes: ischemic heart disease, with a rate of 65.8%, chronic respiratory tract diseases, with a rate of 26.4%, and cerebrovascular diseases with a rate of 25.7% per 100,000 inhabitants. The above data have shown the need to find a death prediction system, since it was difficult to predict the number of deaths that the pandemic was going to cause. It should be understood that the causes of mortality maintain a direct relationship with the medical study, as it evolves and develops according to the processing of the data obtained from the causes of mortality. Obtaining a good prediction system based on the data obtained greatly helps the medical area to centralize more efforts to counteract diseases with a higher rate, seeking to reduce the most significant causes of mortality. The algorithm designed analyzed two variables age and gender to predict the probability of death of a person with a percentage of 94.66% accuracy.
- ÍtemDesign of a crop irrigation system controlled by the iot application(Universidad Cooperativa de Colombia, Facultad de Ingenierías, Ingeniería de Sistemas, Bogotá, 2020) Simanca Herrera, Fredys Alberto; Páez Páez, Jaime Alberto; Cortés Méndez, Jairo Augusto; Edgar Camilo, Díaz; José Vicente, PalacioThis project was developed based on the needs and difficulties that arise in the rural sector, specifically with regard to water management and control. This important resource, essential for life and for living beings consumption, is often wasted with bad irrigation practices, generating an increase in the costs of this service for the production of agricultural activities in general. For this reason, the agricultural producer faces a series of difficulties when it comes to irrigating the crops, including factors such as: the amount of water to be supplied, the evapotranspiration, time, and other factors that directly affect the treatment of a crop. By means of the use of an Irrigation System and the information that it generated, it was possible to remotely monitor the irrigation activity, via online and through a graphic application or Internet access terminals, with a wireless sensor unit that consists of an RF transceiver, sensors, a microcontroller, power supplies, and several WSUs. These technological tools allowed us to use a sensor network spread out in the field or agricultural farm, designed and configured to be distributed in the automated irrigation system that controls three irrigation valves, allowing the management of each of the valves, in terms of dripping intensity and dripping time. This allowed for a more practical work in the agricultural farm, an important factor in reducing costs and contributing to the protection and improvement of the environmental management; it is in turn an activity.
- ÍtemDiseño de una estrategia neurodidáctica para la comprensión lectora en el aula de matemáticas(Universidad Cooperativa de Colombia, Facultad de Ingenierías, Ingeniería de Sistemas, Bogotá, 2020) Moreno , Luis Francisco; Páez Páez, Jaime AlbertoThe objective of the research work focused on the design of a Neurodidactic strategy for the process of reading comprehension in solving problematic situations in the Mathematics classroom. The higher psychological functions (attention, perception, memory, thought and language) and the associated nerve centers were approached as a point of analysis, with the purpose of identifying the way to stimulate and relate the abilities of the intellect with the development of learning behaviors. . In relation to the didactic criteria, the qualities of the concrete material (color) were used as a link element that would allow the evolution of intellectual abilities based on identifying the functioning of language (language psychology, association with the routes of information processing), as well as the set of variables that provoke the construction and redesign of meanings tending to the development of levels of abstraction (foundation of reading comprehension). In relation to the research methodology, the ontosemiotic approach to mathematics education was used to guide the construction of the epistemological and didactic structure, as well as the way of using the learning objects. Based on the study carried out, the importance of linking the handling of concrete material and the derived representations was evidenced; to the teaching process, to correlate the emerging intellectual processes of the brain, with the performance of actions, an area that led to the optimization of academic processes.
- ÍtemPropuesta para la evaluación de estudiantes formados bajo la metodología STEAM(Universidad Cooperativa de Colombia, Facultad de Ingenierías, Ingeniería de Sistemas, Bogotá, 2021) Castro Fonseca, Wilmer Kenny; Páez Páez, Jaime Alberto; Cortes Méndez, Jairo Augusto; Simanca Herrera, Fredys AlbertoIn this work an evaluation system is proposed to be applied to students trained under the STEAM methodology, for which the state of the art on the evaluation systems used in other countries where this methodology is being used is analyzed tLe acLievements are identified tLat are acLieved under the STEAM methodology that are not currently contemplated in tLe evaluation system defined by tLe 1inistry oJ National )ducation and tLe elements oJ tLe current evaluation system tLat must be modified sotLat tLe acLievements oJ tLat metLodology are contemplated are defined. Among the conclusions, the importance of the evaluation system having a formative character and promoting critical thinking, promoting innovation, as well as inclusive of the teaching project, is highlighted.
- ÍtemModel for the collection and analysis of data from teachers and students supported by Academic Analytics(Universidad Cooperativa de Colombia, Facultad de Ingenierías, Ingeniería de Sistemas, Bogotá, 2020) Simanca Herrera, Fredys Alberto; Hernández Arteaga , Isabel; Unriza Puin, María Elsa; Blanco Garrido, Fabian; Páez Páez, Jaime Alberto; Cortés Méndez, Jairo Augusto; Alvarez, AliciaAcademic Analytics enables an analysis of data that is very important for making decisions in the educational institutional environment, aggregating valuable information in the academic research activity and providing easy to use business intelligence tools. This article shows a proposal for creating an information system based on Academic Analytics, designing a model that is supported by Academic Analytics for the collection and analysis of data from the information systems of educational institutions. The idea that was conceived proposes a system that is capable of displaying statistics on the historical data of students and teachers taken over academic periods, with the purpose of gathering the information that the director, the teacher, and finally the student need for making decisions. The model was validated with information taken from students and teachers during the last five years, and the export format of the data was pdf, csv, and xls files. The findings allow us to state that it is extremely important to analyze the data that is in the information systems of the educational institutions for making decisions. After the validation of the model, it was established that it is a must for students to know the reports of their academic performance in order to carry out a process of self-evaluation, as well as for teachers to be able to see the results of the data obtained in order to carry out processes of self-evaluation, and adaptation of content and dynamics in the classrooms.
- ÍtemDiseño de aplicativo identificador de mascotas haciendo uso de códigos QR(Universidad Cooperativa de Colombia, Facultad de Ingenierías, Ingeniería de Sistemas, Bogotá, 2020) Simanca Herrera, Fredys Alberto; Gama, Oscar; Criollo , Juan; Páez Páez, Jaime Alberto; Cortés Méndez, Jairo AugustoThis article describes the design of a collar that carries a QR code for the identification of pets by means of a software application. The record of your data and all the information that the owners consider relevant is stored. This development allowed a sector of students to make a successful registration of their pets in the application, demonstrating correct operation.
- ÍtemInfluencia de estrategias de aprendizaje con herramientas TIC en la competencia de la comprensión lectora en inglés(Universidad Cooperativa de Colombia, Facultad de Ingenierías, Ingeniería de Sistemas, Bogotá, 2020) Páez Páez, Jaime Alberto; Palacios, Jiaro; Tamayo , EdwinThis article constitutes an input from the master's research work called Influence of learning strategies with ICT tools in the competence of reading comprehension in English, presents the results. methodology with quantitative approach and descriptive scope with pre-experimental design, when performing the posttest, demonstrate 52.5% (level 1) and 60% (level 2) of desert, check the influence on learning of reading comprehension and literal levels and inferential of the students.