Lengua Castellana e Inglés
URI permanente para esta colección
Mostrando1 - 10 de 89
- ÍtemPropuesta para el fortalecimiento de la producción oral en inglés en estudiantes de secundaria mediante actividades extracurriculares(Universidad Cooperativa de Colombia, Facultad de Ciencias Sociales, Licenciatura en Lengua Castellana e Inglés, Bucaramanga, 2023-01-16) Cepeda Bautista, Laura Sarey; Duarte Pérez, Tania Daniela; Galeano Rojas, Mery Alejandra; Tarazona Ariza, Silvia AndreaThis research describes and determines the way in which extracurricular activities benefits the oral production in English of students in a Colombian public educational institution. A teacher with a degree in Spanish and English, who works in the public sector and 35 students voluntarily participated in this study by answering a semi-structured interview, two surveys, and an oral test to collect information. This research has a critical-social and action-research approach, because, as stated by Gutiérrez (2014), this approach focuses its interest on change and social transformation in the classroom. Likewise, action research allows dealing with a specific problem and population that requires a solution. Therefore, the data of this study were analyzed in a mixed way through content analysis and tabulation of responses. The results reveal that the students do not have self-confidence or motivation towards English, which does not allow the abilities they have. Likewise, extracurricular activities allow creating a pleasant and comfortable space, where students should only focus on strengthening their oral production in English as a foreign language.
- ÍtemImpacto de talleres pedagógicos mediados por TAC en la escritura de estudiantes del cuarto grado de una institución pública de Bucaramanga(Universidad Cooperativa de Colombia, Facultad de Ciencias Sociales, Licenciatura en Lengua Castellana e Inglés, Bucaramanga, 2022-11-22) Mendoza Pabón, Camilo José; Pinzón Benítez, Valentina; Ballesteros Jaimes, Yared; Pabón Méndez, Monica RocioThis article has compiled the research work carried out in collaboration with fourth grade students from a public institution in Bucaramanga and which focused on conducting an analysis for motivation through pedagogical workshops with an emphasis on textual production. This research included a series of meetings held through the Google meet platform, due to the situation caused by the appearance of the COVID-19 virus, which led to the need to find an alternative to face-to-face learning. The synchronous virtual work was carried out in order to carry out 10 opportunities that would allow gathering information from the experience and base development of the fourth grade students, in this case, to corroborate the linguistic ability and every possible detail at the time. to produce a written text implementing creativity and considering mainly the narrative genre.
- ÍtemLas actividades extracurriculares y su importancia en el desarrollo de las inteligencias múltiples para aprendizaje del inglés.(Universidad Cooperativa de Colombia, Facultad de Ciencias Sociales, Licenciatura en Lengua Castellana e Inglés, Bucaramanga, 2023-01-30) Gomez Becerra, Angie Valentina; Ortiz Rojas, Fabiana Daniela; Zarate Bustamante, Paula Andrea; Tarazona, Silvia AndreaThis research project aims to enhance the different multiple intelligences of fourth grade students of the Aurelio Martinez Mutis school, in order to facilitate the learning of English through extracurricular activities. It was taken as the main theory, the Theory of Multiple Intelligences proposed by Howard Garner, which was a guide and foundation to create the appropriate extracurricular activities that were focused on enhancing these intelligences and thus making learning English meaningful, for life. This project corresponds to a qualitative research of exploratory and ethnographic character. The selected sample consists of thirty students to whom the following instruments were applied: Multiple Intelligences test and nonparticipant observation. Finally, a didactic sequence was proposed in which extracurricular activities were created taking as a pretext stories of children’s literature typical of their age, which allowed to reinforce English on the contrary to the day of English class, This in order to practice English and also enhance the multiple intelligences that did not predominate in them. In this sense, it was evident that through these activities, the students managed to enhance those multiple intelligences that predominated less such as intrapersonal intelligence, linguistics and mathematics.
- ÍtemEl impacto de las actividades extracurriculares en la mejora de la habilidad oral en la lengua inglesa en el colegio Aurelio Martínez Mutis sede A(Universidad Cooperativa de Colombia, Facultad de Educación,Licenciatura en Lengua Castellana e Inglés, Bucaramanga, 2023-01-28) Torres Segura, Juan Pablo; Romero Zuñiga, Tania Lizbeth; Salcedo Puerto, Emanuel David; Tarazona Ariza, Silvia AndreaThis research paper is focused on developing speaking abilities in ninth grade students. In this case through extracurricular activities that improve this type of learning. The type of applied research is mixed. With that in mind, the study too place at Aurelio Martínez Mutis institute with their ninth grade students and their teacher to get to know the context, the approach students have with the English language and how familiarized they are with extracurricular activities. Through a test we have identified the difficulties students have with the language, learned the main processes the teacher utilizes for improving fluidity of speech in the English language through an interview and habits students have with the English language through a poll. After this data collection was done, the main conclusion is that the student’s English level was lower than it should be for the grade they were currently in, students also have interest to learn the language but have low motivation to do so and the teacher has applied certain strategies in the past for improving in the likes of roleplays, dialogs, and repetition. In the end, extracurricular activities have been made at the end of this research paper that are relevant for the type of ability students lack.
- ÍtemImplementación del debate como estrategia didáctica para favorecer la competencia comunicativa en estudiantes de quinto grado.(Universidad Cooperativa de Colombia, Facultad de Educación, Licenciatura en Lengua Castellana e Inglés, Bucaramanga., 2022) Rodriguez, Omaira JThe following research implements debate as a didactic strategy to improve communicative competence in fifth-grade students in a public educational institution. This study has a quantitative approach and is designed with the research-action method. This research was divided into 3 phases. The diagnosis, implementation, and results analysis were applied to 27 participants. Where in the first phase an entrance test was implemented to know the opinions of the students when speaking or expressing their ideas in public, knowing this information during the second phase 9 workshops were developed that worked on topics related to the debate, which would be analyzed in the practical part during the third phase, in this certain criteria were taken into account, such as the organization, synthesis capacity and persuasion of the participants during each debate. It was evidenced that the students made adequate use of the language and domain of assigned topics. As has been observed, the students achieved good management of communicative competence through the workshops carried out in this way, the students realized the importance of this competence in different aspects of their lives. The debate as a didactic strategy, not only improves communicative competence but also helps to develop critical thinking that will favor other aspects in the same way, the academic one of them.
- ÍtemFortalecimiento de la expresión oral en el área de inglés en estudiantes de secundaria a través de actividades extracurriculares(Universidad Cooperativa de Colombia, Facultad de Educación, Programa de Licenciatura en Lengua Castellana e ingles, Colombia, 00000, 2022-11-27) Universidad Cooperativa de Colombia; Vanegas Gomez., Yeimy Estefany; Restrepo Quintero., Juan Sebastián; Sepúlveda Camargo., Yuli Tatiana; Tarazona, Silvia.The present investigation contributes to the development of the oral expression of the foreign language with eighth grade students in person, in which intervention was made through extracurricular activities to promote the learning of English, so that students are able to interact and express themselves correctly and fluently in class. For this, some strategies were used, such as: discussions, conversations, presentations and interactive learning, these exercise for the practice and improvement of the second language in terms of its expression, interaction and production, taking into account a simple and real context. This proposal promotes meaningful learning in real contexts, so the main objective of the research is to determine the way in which extracurricular activities strengthen the development of oral expression in English, of eighth grade students in an institution of the official sector. from the city of Bucaramanga. The methodology is characterized by being research-action with a qualitative approach, likewise 36 surveys were carried out on students and a semi-structured interview with the head teacher of the English area, to collect data and with this it was possible to obtain information of interest to carry out the classes, then these data were tabulated and analyzed in order to obtain the results and reflect on what was done in the entire investigation in relation to the stated objectives.
- ÍtemFortalecimiento de la competencia comunicativa en inglés a través de estrategias pedagógicas en un grupo focal(Universidad Cooperativa de Colombia, Facultad de Ciencias Sociales, Licenciatura en Lengua Castellana e Inglés, Bucaramanga, 2022-12-19) Barrera Rodríguez, Maria Paulina; León Salgar, Viviana Omaira; Sierra Lombana, Mayra Jisseth; Pabón Méndez, Mónica RocioThe objective of this research consisted of strengthening the English vocabulary of students in a focus group ranging in age from 8 to 12 years old in the city of Bucaramanga through extracurricular activities that were carried out through the following research methods with a qualitative type of research, a social critical approach and was conducted through a case study. The participants taken into account were a focus group ranging in age between 8 and 10 years old, all belonging to public institutions in the city of Bucaramanga. Regarding the results obtained, the analysis was structured on the basis of three categories that emerged in the data analysis that was carried out through triangulation and that can be seen as evidenced in the information collected during the ten class workshops, where the following were taken into account: recordings, field diaries, and didactic sequence. Concerning the conclusions, the didactic strategies had a significant impact on the students, and in which they were involved with the teaching-learning of themselves through various activities related to the crafts and the vocabulary implemented in each class session.
- ÍtemEl videoclub como estrategia pedagógica para fortalecer la competencia comunicativa en estudiantes de cuarto grado de una institución pública en Bucaramanga(Universidad Cooperativa de Colombia, Facultad de Licenciatura en Lengua Castellana e Inglés, Bucaramanga, 2022-12-20) Medina Sierra, Lizeth Paola; García Rodríguez, Angie Gabriela; Ardila Gutiérrez, María Camila; Pabón Mendez, Monica RocioThe purpose of this research is to direct the teaching-learning process of fourth-grade students toward improving communicative competence through the videoclub pedagogical strategy and emotional education. From this, a new structuring is made possible in terms of academics with the guiding teacher promoting meaningful learning in their students.Researchers seek to develop fourth-grade students the ability to express orally in a specific real context where naturalness, spontaneity, and comprehension of their ideas are evidenced at the time of making a conversation; considering the appropriate structure seen from the linguistic component, this competence is essential for the development of values, social and emotional development. these would lead to their integral development. The methodology implemented arises from an Empirical-Analytical approach which underlies a descriptive type of study, thus giving mixed research (qualitative and quantitative) through data analysis and tabulation of responses given in each of the interventions. As a result of the analysis, the effectiveness of communicative competence using the pedagogical strategy of the video club is observed.
- ÍtemLas actividades extracurriculares como estrategia didáctica para favorecer el desempeño de la comprensión lectora en el área de inglés de los estudiantes de sexto y séptimo grado en una institución de Bucaramanga(Universidad Cooperativa de Colombia, Facultad de Ciencias Sociales, Licenciatura en Lengua Castellana e Inglés, Bucaramanga, 2022-12-20) Amorocho Rodríguez, Daniela; Laguado Carreño, Laura Daniela; Tarazona Ariza, Silvia AndreaThis investigation focuses on applying didactic strategies to strengthen, thus exploring which activities are the most appropriate for this skill and what academic impact they can have in the classroom. That allows the teacher to consider more options regarding planning his English class, as explained by Caro, Marín, and González (2018); the fact of considering the pedagogical act also tends to discover possible frustrations and attitudes of the practitioner that are not often analyzed in detail, and that may be the cause why the planning or execution of the classes does not work or turn out as planned. The objective of the pedagogical proposal is to test the effectiveness of some extracurricular activities within the classroom to enhance the reading comprehension of sixth and seventh-grade students of the "Rebaño del Señor" school. For this purpose, the following three activities were implemented: Reading Little Red Riding Hood and dramatization, and two card games called "Common Threads" and "Mad Gab.". It's important to highlight that these activities were proposed in response to the diagnosis made, which indicates that the students' average level is A1 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). The implementation results yielded different conclusions, such as the motivation and interest of students in new and innovative strategies that include cognitive, procedural, and attitudinal skills.
- ÍtemPropuesta didáctica de lectura crítica multimodal con temática ambiental(Universidad Cooperativa de Colombia, Facultad de Ciencias Sociales, Licenciatura en Lengua Castellana e Inglés, Bucaramanga, 2022-12-20) Lizcano Angarita, Ingrid Nathalia; Estupiñán Pérez, Laura Patricia; Camacho Herrera, Julián Adolfo; Rojas Gamboa, Yuly AndreaThis research arose to contribute to the critical reading process in students. The objective was to design a proposal that favors critical reading with a multimodal approach from environmental issues. This work was integrated into the macro-project "La alfabetización nos une" developed by La Gobernación del Tolima with the Universidad Cooperativa de Colombia, campus Ibagué. The methodology was research-action, with a mixed approach. Three moments were developed: A diagnosis, where two tests and one interview were carried out; the application of the sequence of eight workshops in virtual modality and; the evaluation with the execution of a final product and a conversation with the students. The proposal had an impact in two aspects: 1) The motivational aspect, the students' taste for multimodal texts related to narrative structures was identified through the diagnosis. In this sense, during the didactic sequence, students were able to read texts, listen songs, watch videos, among others, where they recognized a greater motivation for reading and the activities developed. 2) The development of the critical reading competence, where the diagnosis showed that the students did not develop a multimodal reading and had difficulties to identify some modes of organization and construction of inferences; however, with this proposal the students were able to infer the meaning of the texts, express their opinions and arguments through a critical reading, recognize multimodality, macro-structures and some modes of descriptive and argumentative organization. It is concluded that the didactic work of a critical reading of multimodal texts increases the interest in learning and understanding, there is a broader vision of the reading process, and it contributes to the critical exercise as citizens in the students.