Ciencias de la salud
URI permanente para esta comunidad
Contenidos producidos por la comunidad de la Universidad Cooperativa de Colombia. Incluye temas relacionados con enfermería, epidemiología, medicina, odontología, ortodoncia, ortopedia funcional, periodoncia y oseointegración. Está conformada por trabajos de grado, artículos, imágenes, documentos de trabajo, recursos educativos digitales, libros, capítulos de libros, ponencias, webinars, videos, lecturas críticas, reportes de investigación, consultorías, guías y experiencias significativas.
Examinando Ciencias de la salud por Programa "Especialización en finanzas e intervención comunitaria"
Mostrando1 - 20 de 25
Resultados por página
Opciones de clasificación
- ÍtemCaracterísticas de los casos de Violencia de Género e Intrafamiliar en Santa Marta durante los años 2017 y 2018(Universidad Cooperativa de Colombia, Sede Santa Marta, Especializacion en Epidemiologia, 2019) Duarte Sanchez, Ana Gabriela; Perez Quintero, Celenny PatriciaThis study focused on characterizing cases of gender and domestic violence reported to the National Public Health Surveillance System (SIVIGILA) during 2017 and 2018. The methodology was developed with a quantitative, descriptive, retrospective, observational approach. The results highlight the increase in cases reported in 2018 compared to the previous year respectively; also, the most affected ages are girls and young people between 10 and 29 years old, victims of physical and sexual aggression by a stranger, by their partner or ex-partner
- ÍtemCaracterísticas sociodemográficas y clínicas de pacientes con preeclampsia en una clínica materna de Cartagena, 2017(Universidad Cooperativa de Colombia, Posgrado, Especialización en Epidemiología, Santa Marta, 2017) Vargas Orozco, Vanesa; Rodríguez Buelvas, Mayra Alejandra; Reyes Ríos, Luz AngelaIntroduction: Hypertensive disorders of pregnancy are the leading cause of prematurity, maternal and perinatal mortality in the world, in industrialized countries and in developing countries. Preeclampsia represents the second cause of death, preceded by obstetric hemorrhage; In addition, it is associated with a perinatal mortality up to five times higher, for this reason the objective is to compare the sociodemographic and clinical characteristics of patients with and without preeclampsia at a Maternity Clinic in Cartagena during the period from June to December 2017. Materials and Methods: Analytical, retrospective study. The study variables were extracted from the clinical histories contained in the Clinical Archives Office of a maternal clinic in Cartagena. Inclusion criteria: patient that meets the diagnostic criteria for preeclampsia and that the clinical record is fully completed, exclusion criteria: patients who do not present a complete medical history. The statistical package SPSS® version 24.0 was used to analyze the data. . Results: We performed a logistic regression analysis, the variables that showed a statistically significant relationship with the prevalence of preeclampsia during the bivariate analysis: free union, personal history of preeclampsia, history of diabetes mellitus and antecedents of obesity. A model capable of predicting between 12.8% - 18.0% of the cases in which the diagnosis of Preeclampsia prevailed was obtained. Conclusions: The prevalence of preeclampsia in the study population was 30.3%. The factors associated with a higher prevalence of the disease were, in order, the personal history of diabetes mellitus, the personal history of preeclampsia in a previous pregnancy, the personal history of obesity and a civil state of a free union type.
- ÍtemCaracterización epidemiológica de las infecciones del sitio quirúrgico en la Guajira, Colombia, 2016-2017(Universidad Cooperativa de Colombia, Posgrado, Especialización en Epidemiología, Santa Marta, 2018) Liñán Alvarado, Blanca Elvira; Danies Pinto, Estephany Carolina; Pérez Quintero, Celenny PatriciaThe main objective of this study is to epidemiologically characterize infections at the surgical site of La Guajira, Colombia, 2016-2017, based on a quantitative methodology with a descriptive and retrospective scope. This interest arises from the current scenario around surgical site infections (SSI), which are a source of clinical and economic problems for health systems, as well as the second largest group of nosocomial infections, which increases the time of stay in a hospital and post-surgical morbidity and mortality (1).
- ÍtemComportamiento clínico epidemiológico de la tos ferina en el departamento de Sucre, 2012 – 2017(Universidad Cooperativa de Colombia, Posgrado, Especialización en Epidemiología, Santa Marta, 2018) Espitia Cerpa, Marlon Antonio; Garrido Ortega, Gregory Gentille; Espinosa Aguilar, AnibalObjectives. To discover the clinical epidemiological behavior of whooping cough in the Department of Sucre, Period 2012 - 2017. Materials and methods. An observational study, retrospective descriptive type, with quantitative approach and documentary outline of the SIVIGILA Public Health Surveillance Information System of the Department of Sucre in the last six years, comparing the epidemiological behavior of the disease over time, was conducted. The total of individual cases affected in different years. The information was obtained from the notification to SIVIGILA. The universe 1,587 probable cases reported, the sample was obtained from an intentional non-probabilistic sampling by criteria, 165 cases confirmed by laboratory technique. The information was analyzed through the construction of a database in Excel, taking as a reference the variables of time, place and person; it is cleaned, eliminating duplicate and repeated records allowing the creation and design of lists and statistical analysis tables. Results: The causative agents of whooping cough (Bordetella Pertussis (BP), Bordetella parapertussis and Bordetella spp) were identified in 165 laboratory-confirmed cases. The main predominant signs and symptoms of the disease were cough (98.8%), paroxysmal cough (79.4), vomiting (37.6%), followed by stridor (35.8%). Conclusions. BP was determined as the most prevalent causative agent, at the same time the study allowed to identify signs and symptoms as well as epidemiological characteristics of the confirmed cases.
- ÍtemFactores de riesgo que influyen en la actuación suicida en pacientes esquizofrénico atendidos en rehabilicoop IPS, 2017.(Universidad Cooperativa de Colombia, Posgrado, Especialización en Epidemiología, Santa Marta, 2018) Visbal Miranda, Cesar Augusto; Pabón Varela, YadiraThe purpose of this investigation was to determine the biopsychosocial factors present in schizophrenic patients with suicidal behaviors attended in REHABILICOOP IPS. The research was based on the theoretical postulates of Quintanar (2007), INE (2012), Shah (2011), Miret et al. (2010), Tatarelli (2010) among others; and it is framed as descriptive, quantitative, with a transversal design. The population consisted of eleven (11) patients from the investigated institution. For the collection of information, an instrument (risk of suicide in schizophrenic patients) created by the researcher was used, which consists of 10 questions that allowed biological, sociodemographic and psychosocial risk factors, an instrument that was validated by expert judgment, performing a pilot test in 5 patients, the results of the Kuder-Richardson test were applied, resulting in a reliability index of 0.856. For the analysis of the data, the descriptive statistics, indicating the absolute and percentage frequency in each of the levels. It was concluded that age, occupation, type of schizophrenia, family history and suicide attempts are relevant in patients with schizophrenia
- ÍtemFactores Sociodemográficos y Ambientales Asociados a la Incidencia de Leishmaniasis Cutánea en el Distrito de Santa Marta(Universidad Cooperativa de Colombia, Posgrado, Especializacion en Epidemiologia, Santa Marta, 2019) Candanoza Cahuana, Sara Yen; García Molina, Ana Karina; Torres Jaraba, Stephany; Reyes Ríos, Luz AngelaAbstract Objective: To identify the main sociodemographic and environmental factors associated with the incidence of cutaneous leishmaniasis in the district of Santa Marta. Material and Methods: study of cases and controls which will be carried out with the information of the district of Santa Marta during the years 2017, 2018 and 2019 taking the databases of the surveillance system SIVIGILA of the Department of District Health, as a case will be defined to any person notified with Leishmaniasis in the district of Santa Marta and as a control will be taken residents in the area of contacts with no history of the disease. The risk factors associated with the incidence of Leishmaniasis will be assessed through a diagnostic survey of the sociodemographic and environmental conditions of the dwellings Results: In this study the risk factors that were found associated with Leishmaniasis Cutaneous (LC) are: Mosquitoes inside the house (OR = 3.7273, IC95% 1.3483-10304), waste disposal with incineration (burning) (OR = 2.1235; IC95% 0.7069-6.3787) and open air (landfill) (OR = 1.1376, IC95% 0.3388-3.8201); age over 34 years (OR = 1.0800, 95% CI 0.4211-2.7697) and level of education (primary or no schooling) (OR = 1.1667, 95% CI 0.4556-2.9941); not have any public or private service (OR = 1.3611; IC95% 0.2130-0.6969); and wild animals around the dwelling (OR = 1.3939; IC95% 0.3566-5.4494). Conclusion: It is necessary to implement promotion, prevention and control actions related to cutaneous leishmaniasis in the district of Santa Marta
- ÍtemHábitos alimenticios, actividad física y enfermedades en adultos de un barrio de Santa Marta(Universidad Cooperativa de Colombia, Facultad de Ciencias de la Salud, Especialización en Epidemiología, Santa Marta, 2019) Garcés Arrieta, Geidy Del Carmen; Ebratt Ruidyaz, Gleidys Paola; Padilla, KissiProper eating habits help maintain a healthy lifestyle and a better organic condition; Physical activity is also a fundamental factor in getting the individual to reduce the risk of diseases that can affect the normal functioning of the organism. Objective: To determine the relationship between eating habits and physical activity as a risk factor for chronic non-communicable diseases in a community in Santa Marta. Materials and methods: Quantitative, correlational cross-sectional study. The sample corresponds to 314 individuals, following application of inclusion and exclusion criteria. The variables related to eating habits and physical activity were associated with diseases such as high blood pressure, diabetes and high cholesterol in adults. Results: Physical activity was associated with the presence of diabetes, as well as the practice of sports or intense exercises. No association was found between moderate physical activity at work and the presence of diabetes. No physical activity was associated with the presence of high cholesterol. Sedentary lifestyle only turned out to be associated with the presence of diabetes. Conclusions: The consumption of fruits and vegetables represents a positive behavior in the inhabitants of the community "La Bolivariana" in relation to eating habits, in contrast to this the practice of intense and / or moderate physical activity does not show the same behavior. The results show that good eating is the healthy habit they practice most, through the consumption of fruits and vegetables.
- ÍtemInforme de modalidad de grado de práctica social para optar título de epidemióloga: Informe Consusalud del Caribe IPS LTDA(Universidad Cooperativa de Colombia, Facultad de Ciencias de la Salud, Especialización en Epidemiología, Santa Marta, 2022-03) Zambrano Barrios, Diana Carolina; Perez Quintero, Celenny Patricia
- ÍtemInforme de modalidad de grado de práctica social secretaria Departamental del Magdalena(Universidad Cooperativa de Colombia, Facultad de Ciencias de la Salud, Especialización en Epidemiología, Santa Marta, 2022-04) Ospino Sarmiento, Gleidys Mercedes; Ortiz de Horta, Kenia; Perez Quintero, Celenny PatriciaThe epidemiological methods developed for the study of populations and what it confers to the health-disease process, are used to respond to health problems that are closely related to the dynamics of population health, incidence, prevalence, risk factors , natural evolution and prognosis of diseases and/or events. In this sense, epidemiology represents a very important and indispensable tool to reduce the impact of the disease caused by COVID-19, which has brought with it great socioeconomic consequences worldwide (1).
- ÍtemInforme de modalidad de grado para optar título de especialista en Epidemiologia(Universidad Cooperativa de Colombia, Facultad de Ciencias de la Salud, Especialización en Epidemiología, Santa Marta, 2022) Martinez Brito, Glenis Yohana; Sanchez Garcia, Yuris KarinaThis report is a degree modality, to receive the title of specialists in epidemiology, its objective is to Contribute to the health and well-being of the Samarians through the "Santa Marta is Health and Life" program of the District Health Secretariat, using the PRASS strategy as an effective resource, validated and structured by the National Health Ministry. Through which Antibody, PCR and Antigenic tests are carried out in the different neighborhoods of the city, telephone calls and follow-up of positive cases where the transmission chain, sex, affiliation regime, age, comorbidities and mode of transmission of the SARS CoV2 virus, identification of the uninsured population, identification of pregnant women without prenatal control or with high obstetric risk for corresponding management, psychosocial support to families that require it in the district of Santa Marta and in this way help to develop inter-institutional strategies and intersectoral to minimize the number of people infected by the virus and the consequences caused in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, taking into account the national technical guidelines established and the reality of the territories. We obtained the results that the age group with the highest contagion was between 25 and 44 years old, the level of contagion between men and women is very similar, 70% of the people in the contributory regime are more affected by the virus, the comorbidity suffered by 30% of people is hypertension, 25% of users are not affiliated with any health regimen, 15% of the pregnant women surveyed are foreigners and without prenatal controls despite the maternal-fetal risk that this represents.
- ÍtemInforme de practica empresarial(Universidad Cooperativa de Colombia, Facultad de Ciencias de la Salud, Especialización en Epidemiología, Santa Marta, 2020) Grau Coneo, Maolis; Martinez Reyes, Cielo RebecaIntroduction: Fundación Coosalud, is a non-profit organization created on May 30, 2002, by “COOSALUD EPSS ESS” to work for the integral development of individuals and their families. During the 2020 activities, Fundación Coosalud carried out two activities related to the pandemic caused by COVID 19 in which I participated with the modality of business practices, these two activities were: Follow-up of positive and suspected Covid cases, we also participated in the surveillance strategy An innovative initiative carried out in the city of Cartagena, led by the large EPS and the District Administrative Department of Health (DADIS), these activities contributed to the EPS Coosalud monitoring this event that today affects the entire world. Objective: to educate the target population on the preventive measures that must be adopted to contribute to the mitigation of COVID 19 cases in the city. Methodology: the activities were carried out by telephone follow-up, in the case of follow-up to confirmed and suspected cases, and by house-to-house visits in the case of epidemiological fence activity. Results: 1,500 confirmed and suspected Covid 19 affiliates were contacted for follow-up, and 13 neighborhoods, 883 family nuclei, 2,661 people were intervened, of which 182 symptomatic were identified and 299 tests were performed on the population at risk. Conclusion: thanks to the innovative surveillance strategy, today 82.55% of the cases reported in Cartagena have recovered, and only 14.67% are active.
- ÍtemInforme de practica social(Universidad Cooperativa de Colombia, Posgrado, Especialización en Epidemiología, Santa Marta, 2021-06-01) García Ortiz, Víctor Alfonso; Carrasquilla Baza, Deibys AlfonsoThe main objective of the following report is to present the social practice as a degree modality which was executed by the graduate student Víctor Garcia Ortiz in the departmental health secretary in the area of referral center, against referral, emergencies, emergency and sectional disasters Magdalena under the direction of Juan Contreras, its coordinator. This report details the action plan and the activities carried out under its responsibility, as well as its limitations and conclusions.
- ÍtemInforme de Práctica social en el Hospital local de Salamina(Universidad Cooperativa de Colombia, Facultad de Ciencias de la Salud, Especialización en Epidemiología, Santa Marta, 2020) Mercado Garcés, Sandra Milena; Quintero Ramírez, Niní MilenaIn my performance as an Epidemiological professional in training at the E.S.E Hospital Salamina local from the month of January-September of the year 2020, I was able to evidence the main morbidities present in the population attending the emergency service and external consultation of the same. This company was established as a local administration and dedicated to Human health care activities, with an area of influence in the Municipality of Salamina magdalena. The epidemiological work carried out was based on the activities of the committee epidemiological study of the E.S.E Local Hospital of Salamina which I precede, in this sense I focus my work on the elaboration of the epidemiological profile. It was a great challenge to lead the fight against the covid-19 pandemic in the municipality of Salamina, Strategies such as field work were designed, where the population was characterized by means of screening and rapid tests. Undoubtedly, epidemiological surveillance can be considered a necessity in institutions health in the national territory, to design and execute strategies with the purpose of prevent the transmission of diseases, carry out interventions in the different morbidities that affect the general population, allowing planning in a efficient use of human, logistical, intellectual and financial resources.
- ÍtemInforme de practica social en epidemiologia departamento administrativo distrital de salud DADIS(Universidad Cooperativa de Colombia, Facultad de Ciencias de la Salud, Especialización en Epidemiología, Santa Marta, 2022-01-24) Pacheco Muñoz, Dolis Del Carmen; Padilla Constante, Kisis
- ÍtemInforme de práctica social en la secretaria de salud distrital de Santa Marta(Universidad Cooperativa de Colombia, Facultad de Ciencias de la Salud, Especialización en Epidemiología, Santa Marta, 2022-05-10) Escalante Gutierrez, Diana; Bermúdez Bermúdez, María Elena; Sánchez García, Yuris Karina
- ÍtemInforme de practica social IPS Salud Familiar - Cali 2021(Universidad Cooperativa de Colombia, Ciencias de la Salud, Facultad de Epidemiología, Santa Marta., 2022-02) Padilla Zamora, Anibal Antonio; Pertuz Meza, Yolima BerenaIn carrying out social practice, projects focused on the social well-being of a previously characterized population are developed and are developed around the work currently being carried out, applying epidemiological and public health concepts as appropriate. This report draws up the experience in accordance with the practice carried out in the IPS salud familiar coosalud, where medical, professional and auxiliary personnel were trained on protocols established by the Ministry of Health in taking tests for the detection of SARS-CoV antigen. -2 (Covid 19) and follow-up of users with a positive result and their family environment, taking into account the contact line, isolation time and predisposing factors to complication of Acute respiratory infection by new Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2. The project was carried out with the PHVA methodology, planning the activities, executing them with previously defined information tools, verifying their implementation with weekly meetings and making corrections to the process. In the follow-up of the users, recognition, identification and intervention were carried out in each case according to the capture of needs in public health, guaranteeing timely attention as required.
- ÍtemInforme de Practica Social para Optar al Titulo de Especialista en Epidemiologia(Universidad Cooperativa de Colombia, Facultad de Ciencias de la Salud, Especialización en Epidemiología, Santa Marta, 2021-09-06) Suarez Cayon, Rossana Milena; Campo Torregroza, EtilviaIn the present delivery, each of the processes that were carried out for the organization, processing, sampling for the identification of covid-19 in the police unit in the department of Magdalena can be evidenced, taking into account all its beneficiaries. Each of these tests was processed in order to generate a report and a statistic that could be studied and taken into account by each of the entities in charge of the covid-19 registry. Failures and advances in each of the different processes were taken into account in order to determine how effective and what results this entire system yields for the treatment and in certain cases prevention of covid-19
- ÍtemInforme De Práctica Social Secretaría De Salud Seccional Magdalena(Universidad Cooperativa de Colombia, Facultad de Ciencias de la Salud, Especialización en Epidemiología, Santa Marta, 2020) Durán Osorio, Harold Enrique; Mejía Barrera, Islena Margarita; Acosta Cabarcas, Milena Margarita; Campo Torregroza, Etilvia LeonorThe Government of Magdalena is a public entity responsible for promoting socio-economic, cultural and environmental development in its territory, in order to satisfy the basic needs of the community. This territorial entity has multiple interdependencies among which the Sectional Health Secretariat of the Magdalena stands out, and specifically in the area of epidemiological surveillance it cooperates in the pandemic, in the modality of social practice in epidemiological field investigations applied to patients affected by SARCoV2-COVID19. The objective of these practices was to improve the approach to cases and their contacts in terms of epidemiological research and health care. For this purpose, it was carried out the characterization and analysis of the cases reported as suspicious and positive for SARD-COV-2 (Covid-19), finding epidemiological links, effective close contacts, with dates of infection and exposure through the time lines, as a strategy for epidemiological fences and cluster control. The methodology used for the development of the social practice was the assignment of the cases reported as suspicious and confirmed for SARD-CoV-2 COVID-19, in a periodic way by the coordinator in charge, sample obtained from the current database of the national system of surveillance in public health SIVIGILA, telephone calls were made to the contacts with a duration of 1 hour with the purpose of collecting the necessary, truthful information and later the completion of the format of the field investigation, table of close contacts in Excel and time line with a duration of 1: 30 hours, duration for each research approximately 2:30 hours for a total of 120 hours during all the social practice. . The results obtained allowed us to contact by phone the suspected and confirmed patients with COVID 19, maintaining an approach with the patients, inquiring about the health status, strengthening the knowledge to address in the epidemiological investigations of the communities of the Bank, Pueblo Viejo Banana Zone, Cienaga and the Foundation of the Department of Magdalena.
- ÍtemInforme de práctica social secretaria seccional de salud del Magdalena- 2020(Universidad Cooperativa de Colombia, Facultad de Ciencias de la Salud, Especialización en Epidemiología, Santa Marta, 2020) Fragozo Granadillo, Jaidy Patricia; Castañeda Epieyu, Dileine Astrid; Nieves Oyola, Sandra Patricia; Sanchez Garcia, Yuris KarinaIn carrying out these social practices, they participate in projects that contribute to the well-being of a community in the face of a social problem. Through the preparation of this report, we share our experience that as practitioners we had with the Magdalena sectional health department in the context of the pandemic, supporting epidemiological surveillance by conducting field investigations of positive patients, cases suspects and possible contacts of covid-19 in different municipalities of the department of la Magdalena such as Ciénaga, Foundation, The Bank, Old Town, and tax stamps. The investigations were carried out through telephone calls, based on the contacts provided by the Magdalena sectional health secretary and with the application of the field epidemiological investigation file: Acute Respiratory Infection by new Coronavirus 2019 SARS-CoV-2 (Covid 19). In this process, the location of the different contacts and the elaboration of the timeline were carried out. The lack of adherence to the protocols established by the health ministry, the lack of self-care, the delay in taking the sample and delivering the results, as well as the dissatisfaction on the part of the patients were many of the findings found in this process, Therefore, in the end, we suggest some recommendations to take into account for future practices in this field, which undoubtedly in addition to being very enriching in our learning, the support we provided as a social work was very gratifying.
- ÍtemIniforme de Practica Social Secretaria Departamental de Salud de La Guajira - 2020(Universidad Cooperativa de Colombia, Facultad de Ciencias de la Salud, Especialización en Epidemiología, Santa Marta, 2021-09-10) Velasquez Mercado, Yelkin Eliecer; Roys Cotes, Eliana Dilena; Pertuz Meza, YolimaIn the exercise of my work as a contractor for the strengthening of the public health surveillance processes in the Departmental Health Secretariat, they help to perform social practices and participate in projects that contribute to the welfare of a community in the face of a social problem that has brought this pandemic of the new SARS-COV-2 - COVID-19 coronavirus. Through the preparation of this report, we present our experience that as participants we had with the Departmental Health Secretariat of La Guajira in the context of the pandemic, supporting epidemiological vigilance by conducting field investigations of covid-19 positive patients, suspected cases and possible contacts. Strengthening the capacities of the professionals who carry out the Public Health Surveillance processes in the Provider System that operate in the municipalities of Manaure, taking into account the surveillance protocols and national guidelines, Verify adherence to the instructions for public health surveillance of acute respiratory infection and disease associated with the new coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) in the IPS of the municipalities of Manaure and Uribía, Perform 2 times a week active institutional search (BAI) of COVID-19, ARIG - ESI and make the respective report in the municipality of Manaure. The research was developed through telephone calls, based on the contacts provided by the Municipal Health Secretary of Manaure, using as a tool the epidemiological field research sheet: Acute Respiratory Infection by new Coronavirus 2019 SARS-COV-2 (COVID- 19). In this process, the localization of the different contacts and the elaboration of the timeline were carried out.The absence of adherence to the protocols established by the Ministry of Health, the lack of self-care, the delay in taking the sample and delivering the results, besides the non-conformity of the patients were many of the findings found in this process, so at the end we suggest some recommendations to take into account for future practices in this field, which undoubtedly besides being very enriching in our learning, it was very rewarding the support we provided as social work and to fulfill my work obligations.